Sunday, April 4, 2010

Chrisette Michelle Brings Nappy Hair Back In Fashion!

Chrisette Michelle made a bold statement not with her gorgeous voice but with her hair. The lovely R&B singer decided to cut her hair off and opt for a short buzz...and yes, I know the ubiquitous Amber Rose made the short buzz very popular...however it's Chrisette's reason for the move that gets kudos from BWIF - read below:

“I was tired of black sista’s feeling subject to having their hair pressed and straightened, and damaged, with relaxers, and heat. So I wanted to make short and nappy hair fashionable, and let the industry know that there is nothing wrong with the texture that we have been born with. So I plan to grow it out to the big beautiful nappy hair that I have.”

We'll be watching!

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails