Tuesday, May 5, 2009

MET Ball Red Carpet!!!

MET Ball Red Carpet - Black Women in Fashion Style

First I must say I was slightly disappointed in a few style options chosen for this evening. Few people took risks and when they did - oh it was bad...really bad! I applaud Rihanna for taking a risk but the rest was shall I say.....boring....too safe...... ! Well here goes......

Alek Wek: My personal favorite of the night! The fuchsia/plum color looks fantastic!
Chanel Iman: Zac Posen. I loved the dress - very old Hollywood - hated the makeup!
Ciara: Emilio Pucci. Pucci is known for his prints so this two-tone look is disappointing.
Eva Mendes: Calvin Klein. I know Calvin is simple BUT this is the MET Ball people!!
Iman: Donna Karan. The draped front helped give some character to this gown.
Rihanna: Dolce & Gabanna. She took a risk - yeah!
Honorable mention: Stella McCartney. She absolutely stepped outside of the mold and looked fabulous!
Tyra: Badgley Mischka. I like this vamped look for the occasion.

More pictures to come! Who was your personal favorite?
source:fashionologie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails